Muslim Wedding Ceremony (Nikah)
- Please contact our imams in advance to schedule time and date for your wedding and learn the rules and conditions of the procedure.
- Both the bride and the groom have to be at least 18 years of age (legal age for marrying in Ukraine).
- Both the bride and the groom must attend the wedding in person and provide their passports (photocopies of certain pages of the documents will be taken).
- Presence of the bride’s parents (or at least one of them) is a must. They have to confirm their consent for the marriage.
- If the bride doesn’t have parents, a close male relative of legal age can be her guardian (wali).
- If the presence of the bride’s parents or wali is impossible for some reasons, the service is held only after state registration of the marriage and providing the respective state marriage certificate.
- The pair has to bring along two male Muslim witnesses.
- If needed, RAMU “Umma” issues a Nikah certificate signed and sealed by the imam and signed by the groom, the bride, and both witnesses.
- 1375 reads